The boom has been raised and the race is on! It’s business on the go. It’s the start of spending to be ahead of competition. But everyone knows that as you use up your credit and accumulate points and rewards to compete, it’s not only the future of business that you are gunning for – you are also aiming for that dream getaway marked in your bucket list!
By choosing an appropriate card, you will make sure your credit card miles points will be enough to carry you through. And whenever you are in doubt, you can always look up to a licensed moneylender in Singapore to help you understand how these cards work and the perks you can get from owning one.
Five Credit Cards for Miles
Here are five of the more popular and useful credit cards in circulation to track those points accumulation. Of course, we, frequent travelers and card users, know that these companies individually will want us to spend and spend using their credit cards alone, even enticing with more promos and special offers if we stick to the use of their card. But we also know that there are special offers that are exclusive only to certain cards and sometimes these cards’ promos are very difficult to ignore or pass up.
The lesson in that is: Have more than one useful card, bearing in mind the value and convenience of using them both to win that dream holiday! Indeed, in a time that carrying and paying in cash is becoming obsolete, it pays to have more than one card in your wallet.
1. Citi-PremierMiles VisaCard
One of the more attractive benefits of Citi-PremierMiles Visa-Card is the non-expiration feature on Citi Miles earned, even if you happen to forego your travel plans. Instead, you can exchange the miles-for-cash rebates and use the money for equally productive and enjoyable activities. Know that in Citi Premier, there is no need to observe a minimum spending so you can relax and enjoy your spending.
City Premier certainly knows how to pamper their valued clients – they provide a complimentary $1Million travel insurance and let you do cash withdrawal anywhere else you are in the world, among other things.
Here are some of the more salient features of the Citi-PremierMiles Visa-Card
• 2.0 miles points for every S$1 overseas spending
• 1.2 miles points for every S$1 local spending
• 5% cashback on online shopping
• Insurance coverage for travel as well as medical assistance and travel inconvenience
• 2 annual complimentary passes to Priority airport lounges
• Special shopping as well as dining and travel privileges under Citi-World Privileges
• 10,000 Citi miles when you renew your membership.
• Annual fee charged on the card amounting to S$192.60 may be waived
• 10,000 bonus miles on application for new members
• Plus 15,000 miles on a minimum spending of S$10,000 within first 3 months
Why not let this visa card take you to your dream destination!
1. D.B.S Altitude Visa-Card
D.B.S Altitude Visa-Card will literally take you to higher altitudes in traveling enjoyment. You can garner up to 3 miles for every S$1 spent, and more for local and overseas spending. DBS Altitude has earned the title “Singapore’s fastest-earning miles card.” You can accumulate your spending as DBS points and redeem them for miles at a rate of 2 miles for every D.B.S point. Upon renewal of your card, you are automatically credited with 10,000 bonus points.
DBS Altitude is one among the more popular cards in Singapore. The minimum income requirement of S$30,000 has rendered those premium licensed moneylenders in Singapore such as Easy Credit occasionally out of service.
Here are some of the more salient features of the visa card.
• 3 miles for every S$1 on online flight and hotel transactions
• 2 miles for every S$1 of overseas spending
• 1.2 miles for every S$1 of local spending
• 24-hour D.B.S Altitude Butler-service, anywhere in the world
• S$1Million Travel Accident Insurance
• 2 annual complimentary airport lounge access for Priority Pass members
• Special promo up to 31 March 2018: 6 miles for every S$1 spending at Expedia
Let D.B.S Atitude Visa-Card take you up!
2. American-Express Singapore-Airlines KrisFlyer Credit-Card
Tracking your accumulated mileage at your American-Express KrisFlyer account will make points redemption hassle-free for this credit card’s users. The card’s minimum income requirement of S$30,000 makes it one of the more popular credit facilities in Singapore.
Here are some of the more salient features of the KrisFlyer Card:
• 1 KrisFlyer mile for every S$1 of your local spending
• 1 KrisFlyer mile for every S$1 of all overseas spending
• 1 KrisFlyer mile for every S$1 spent on Grab and Uber rides
• S$350,000 Travel Inconvenience and Travel Insurance
• 50% discounts on American Express selects, within and beyond Singapore
• 2,000 Krisflyer miles for every successful friend referral
• 5,000 KrisFlyer miles bonus upon first use of card
• Special Promo ending 30 June 2018: S$150 cashback for purchases on Singapore Airlines website
Let American-Express Singapore-Airlines KrisFlyer Credit-Card take you to the next level!
3. U.O.B P.R.VI Miles-Card
U.O.B P.R.VI Miles-Card boasts one of the highest earning rates for all card usage; both locally and overseas. Their minimum income requirement of S$80,000 most probably enjoys the support of licensed moneylenders in Singapore as it is a breathing space.
Here are some of the more salient features of the U.O.B P.R.VI Miles-Card:
• 1.4 miles for every S$1 of local spending
• 2.4 miles for every S$1 of overseas spending
• U.O.B P.R.VI Travel Butler-services
• S$1Million Travel Insurance and travel inconvenience
• UNI$ redeemable for all flight miles from more than 40 airlines
• 12,000 welcome miles for new cardholders upon application
• 20,000 loyalty miles every year for a minimum spending of S$50,000
• Special Promo up to 31 March 2018: 6 miles for every S$1 spent on booking at Expedia
Why not get this card and watch as it takes you to your dream destination!
4. H.S.B.C Revolution-card
H.S.B.C Revolution-card offers 5000 accumulated reward points for redemption for every 2000 flight mileage in their partnership flyer programs. This rewards scheme is particularly attractive when spending online for dining and entertainment.
Here are some of the more salient features of the H.S.B.C Revolution-Card:
• 2 miles for every S$1 spent locally
• I rewards point for every S$1 spent on all other transactions
• 14%-16% discount at Shell & Caltex; 6% at other gas stations
• Rewards valid up to 37 months
• Annual credit card fee of S$161 waived for up to the first 2 years for a minimum spending of S$12,000
• S$120 cashback for online signup
Let HSBC Revolution Card rev you up to your dream destination!
These cards make up a select few of the more popular credit facilities for miles rewards. As other different ways of exchange are introduced to facilitate business transactions, credit cards will continue to enjoy the market’s patronage. And as you still grapple with how to make the most of these cards, you can still use the services of a licensed moneylender in Singapore to secure some cash to help you get by.